Custom Search

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Book Review:The Legend of the Christmas Cookie By Dandi Daley Mackall #ad #bookreviews

"This book was provided to me for FREE through booklookbloggers in exchange for a book review. All opinions expressed here are my own."

This book discuss how the Christmas cookie came about.It also tells a story about why the cookie is given to people doing this time of the year. This book teaches kids about the day Jesus Christ was born. It also has a good beforehand story that a lot of kids might be able to relate to.This is a super easy book for kids to read and enjoy during Christmas. The original Christmas cookie was in southern Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Some people might not know that these cookies were made using boards called springerle molds. During that time the molds were mainly religious molds unlike some of the molds used today. You will also find two recipes in the back of this book that you can use now or during the holiday season. 

I really think its important to know about what meaning of anything you choose to celebrate. Any kid that celebrate Christmas should know the back story about it. Not too many really know why Christmas is celebrated so book like this one can really help them learn about it. This book also has a backstory that I think so many people who are away from family can relate to. I also liked the recipes in the back of the book because I like to collect new recipes.I would definitely recommend this book to others because there's always something you can learn by reading. I would also recommend this book because it easy to read and I believe kids will enjoy it. Get this book now for the holiday season coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment