Custom Search

Monday, July 29, 2013

Review:She Speaks:Wisdom from the women of the bible to the modern black woman by Michele Clark Jenkins

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com®  book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

This book talked about the different women of the bible. This book also discussed how black women can use these women in their everyday life. This book also had scriptures about  each woman that readers can go back and read later. This book was made to help African-American women see who they are through women in the bible.

I thought this book was good because these women played major roles in the bible men lives. These women were strong and took care of their family like many black women. The woman that I related with is the virtuous woman When I'm married this is the type of woman I plan on becoming. I've learned a lot about what it takes to be a virtuous woman in the past.

I would recommend "She Speaks" to other African-American women because we all need to know what roles women played in the bibles. We also need to know about the women who were no good so if we are demonstrating this behavior we are able to change it. We also need to know what role we want to play in our households. I personally think all women should try to be like a virtuous woman.  If you plan on being a mother or wife a virtuous woman is who you need to be like. Get this book if you want to learn about the things women did in the bible. They did more things than a lot may believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment